Secretary, British Residents’ Association of Switzerland (BRA)
The British Residents’ Association of Switzerland (BRA) is looking for someone to join the central management team as the BRA Secretary. This part-time post would suit someone who wishes the benefits of dealing with members throughout Switzerland while working from home. Information about the BRA can be found on the association’s website www.britishresidents.ch.
Role: The BRA Secretary acts as a focal point for the BRA and provides administrative support to the Council and Members of the BRA. The appointment is for a part-time post of about 2 days per week. In particular, the Secretary is responsible for;
- Maintenance of a membership database including subscription renewals.
- As directed by the Treasurer, managing routine accounting, contracts, and financial receipts and payments.
- Support to the Council, including arranging Council and general meetings, recording of minutes, follow-up actions and assisting with events.
- Assisting editors with production of a quarterly Bulletin, a Website and information in electronic form to members.
- Managing BRA correspondence, records and archives.
Reports to: National Chairman, BRA.
Requirements: This part-time appointment is the sole employee of the BRA and should be resident with the right to work in Switzerland. Although the Secretary will normally work from home, there is a requirement to travel infrequently to events within Switzerland. Since the level of activity varies throughout the year, there is a need for a flexible approach to meeting the workload.
Skills and Experience required:
- Fluent in English with a working knowledge of French or German.
- Proven competence in office computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word & Excel, and operation of a membership database.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and dual entry book-keeping.
- Ability to work alone and to deal tactfully with a variety of people on the telephone, electronically and face-to-face.
Salary: To be determined by negotiation.
Applications: Applications accompanied by a short C.V. should be made to email@example.com